Thursday, September 8, 2016

Piano and Martial Arts

Another quiet morning for me.  I was told that the school was going to be making a presentation of blankets to all the Grade 1 students this afternoon, so after lunch, Ben and I went to the school to watch.  As soon as Emma walked into the library and saw me, she started crying!  I pulled her onto my lap and she quickly told me that she wasn't feeling well.  I could tell that she was running a fever.  I ended up holding her throughout the presentation.  The school division sewed a blanket for each student in grades 1-3 that the kids can use when they read.  They are really cute.  When the presentation was almost done, I decided to just take Emma home with me.  We grabbed her backpack and headed over to Kaci's so Ben could have his piano lesson.  Emma and I hung out in the van while Ben had his lesson.  Unfortunately, Emma's lesson that she was supposed to have at 3:30 just won't happen.  Good way to start the year out!  

After a quiet afternoon with Emma snuggled in my bed watching movies and Ben off playing with friends, we ate dinner and then got Ben ready to go to his first martial arts class! (Korean sword martial arts)  To say that he was excited is a definite understatement!  They hold the classes in the gym of the United Church.  Lennard took him so that I could stay with Emma.  Thankfully, he took pictures and texted them to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment