Saturday, January 21, 2017

Family

Mindy organized another temple day for us to do sealings that she had ready. After a lazy morning, and wolfing down my breakfast so that I could get to the temple on time, I raced in to the temple and found that I wasn't the last to arrive!  (Lennard stayed home with the kids, since having a broken right wrist doesn't help much.)  We ended up waiting for my Dad and Uncle Scott for a few minutes and then ended up starting without Shauna & Matt (they came after the first sealing was done).  We got a lot of families sealed together, taking turns as we went.  Shauna had gone on a long run this morning and didn't end up eating any breakfast before heading to the temple, so she ended up almost passing out!  Once she got cooled down and had some water she said she felt better, but she didn't do anymore sealings after that either.  Shauna, Matt and I left a bit earlier than the rest of our group who stayed to help another family with their sealings.  I sat and visited with them while they had some lunch and then they drove me home.  It was a nice way to spend the morning.

The kids were off to play with friends when I got home so Lennard and I both layed down for a rest... Lennard fell asleep immediately and, after listening to him snore, I got up and went to watch a show on tv.  After about an hour, the kids came home and we headed out to the airport to go through the trailer and organize things a bit more.  We went to the RV show in Lethbridge last night, so now we have the travel bug.  We got a lot of measurements and ideas on how to streamline things a bit.  As we headed out from the airport, someone needed fuel, so we stopped to do that and then we went home so that I could leave to go to Lethbridge with my mom!

I love having some one-on-one time with my mom.  She needed to get a bunch of groceries, so we went to Costco first.  I'm not sure what was going on in Lethbridge today, but it was nuts!  The line ups for the checkouts were clear back to the books on both sides!  After Costco, we popped in to Value Village.  Mom needed a bunch of work shirts, but instead she found a few shirts for Dad.  I found a new-to-me purse (since mine is literally falling apart).

By then, we decided to head over to Firestone where we were going to meet Shauna, Mindy and Trisha for dinner.  It was 5:30 when we got there and we'd told everyone to meet at 6:00.  We figured if there was a wait, we'd at least get on the list and cut their wait down a bit.  They told us it would be an hour wait (only 30 minutes for the rest of the girls), so we decided to wait.  Big mistake!  It was almost 1 hour and 45 minutes before we got to our table and another half hour or more before we got food!  I was starving!  And then the food wasn't very hot (or very good).  Grrr!  Thankfully, the company completely made up for the wait.  I love visiting with my sisters.  Seriously laughed so hard!  Before we even got to our table, Trisha had us in tears as she started handing out chocolate mints to everyone waiting and apologizing for the wait!  (The hostess station had the chocolates there to take on their way out.)  There were a few people looking at her weird, but we just thought it was hilarious.  The laughs didn't stop and we had the best server ever.  At one point, we asked him if our food was ever going to come and a few minutes later he came out with steak knives and informed us that he'd now 'armed us' in case we had to fight for our food.  Hilarious.

We decided the next girl's night will be at my house, so I can make everyone Yorkshire pudding that actually taste good.  (That's what mom and I had for our meal.)  Such a fun night with tons of laughs. I am so blessed to have such wonderful sisters/mom.  (We missed Melissa, Rachel and Nysha!)



(Of course - there's no picture of me... I'm always behind the camera...)

No comments:

Post a Comment