Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day

Emma has been so excited for Valentine's Day that we've had multiple cards drawn for us throughout the past two weeks.  Emma gave me this one on Sunday.  I love finding notes and cards from her... especially with her 'words of wisdom' in them!  She is such an amazing little girl and I am blessed to be her mommy. 

(FE = From Emma)


It was a super, crazy, busy day today!  I was in charge of Tasting Tuesday at the Elementary School this morning, so I had to be at the school (with the kids) by 8:00.  I got everything set up in good time and we were done by just after 9:00 since we were doing grape tomatoes and didn't have to cut/prep anything.

Then, I had to go get Elaine H so we could go visiting teaching.  We got done just in time for me to run to Extra Foods and buy some treats for Emma's class party this afternoon (since I didn't have time to make anything).  I raced back up to the school, dropped off the treats, and picked Ben up from kindergarten.

We got lunch and then had to go get groceries and the mail.  On the way back, we stopped in at the shop to see Lennard for a few minutes.  After I got everything put away, I had a few minutes to breath while making Valentine treats up for Emma's dance class!

It was my turn to drive for carpooling to dance class, so as soon as Emma was dressed and ready to go after getting home from school, we were on the road to pick up kids and get them to dance.  I then had one whole hour by myself sitting in the van!  Silence is golden!

We didn't get home until 5:30 and by then I was done.  I'd taken stuff out for dinner, but I just couldn't make myself put everything together knowing that it would be another hour before I could get everything done and the kids were already complaining that they were starving!  We ended up going out for Chinese food and thankfully both kids ate well.  I was so tired that, once the kids were in bed, I was more than happy to call it an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment