Monday, March 6, 2017

What a Weekend...

I usually look forward to weekends, but this weekend has been ridiculous.  I started not feeling well Friday night and by Saturday I was out for the count.  Horrible sinus cold, chills, fever, body aches, etc.  I stayed in bed almost the entire day.  Lennard got the kids breakfast and they hung out for a bit and then he was itching to go work on the plane.  He left to go to the hangar and a few minutes later, the doorbell rang.  The neighbor kids invited Emma and Ben over to play!  They were there until noon.  I made macaroni and cheese in the Instant Pot (at Ben's request) for lunch and then the doorbell rang again and the neighbor kids came in our house to play.  I managed to supervise by listening to what they were doing.  They played a bunch of games in the living room, colored pictures and then watched some shows.  I finally sent them home about 3:00.  While the kids played on electronics, I managed to doze for a bit.  Lennard didn't get home until 6:00ish and the kids hadn't had anything to eat yet, so he took them out to Subway for dinner.

Sunday came and after getting the kids through their baths and dressed for church, I went downstairs to sit up in the recliner chair since I was having trouble breathing whenever I layed down.  About an hour and half later I heard the door open and in came Emma.  I was surprised to see her and Lennard and then I found out that she wasn't feeling well.  Within minutes of getting home (and Lennard leaving to go back up to church), she threw up.  Yuck!  She was so pale and shaky.  I got her into her pajamas and snuggled up on the couch with a bucket and a short time later she lost everything again.  And so went the rest of our day!  Between me not being able to breath, Emma throwing up, Ben complaining that he wasn't feeling well (I think he just wanted some attention)... Lennard had 'fun' in a house of sickies!  Thankfully he took care of making meals for the kids.  I haven't been able to eat much in the last few days.  I finally had two pieces of toast at dinner time last night.

Emma dry heaved half the night, but she's been dancing around and singing all morning, so I guess we'll let her go to school and see how she does!  Here's hoping it was only a 24 hour bug.  I'm completely exhausted and as soon as the kids head off to school I'll be going back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment