Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mother-Daughter Activity

Ever since this activity was announced, Emma has been anxious for it to happen.  Since I'm on the activity committee, I had to be at the chapel at 2:00 to help set up and get food prepped.  Ben came with me and ran around like a crazy man with two other little boys and then Emma came after school until Lennard could pick them up.  Ben had baseball, so Lennard took care of the kids while I kept working at the church.  I should have had dinner ready for everyone before I left, but it just didn't happen.  Emma got a quick snack and then we headed back up to the church for last minute set up.

Since we were there early, Emma got to get her face painted right away!  She was thrilled and the lady doing the face painting was amazing!  She did such a good job!


We had a short lesson and then everyone was able to go do the classes they'd signed up for or have their picnic lunch that we'd provided.  We raced out and ended up being first in line to get our picture taken together.  We should have waited to get her face painted until afterwards, but oh well.  

Emma was excited to make her treasure box!  She stayed there for at least half an hour adding more and more decorations to her box.  It worked out well, since I was running a class too and tried to be in two places at once!  Thankfully, I didn't have very many people sign up for mine, so I was free to be with her most of the time.
 My class was a super simple photo frame where they just had to paint the back board, add some patterned duct tape to the front and glue a little clip to attach their photo.  Auri was excited to paint her own!

 Once Emma had done her treasure box, she made a cute keychain with her initial on it.  That completed what we'd signed up for, but she was 'bored', so one of the other sisters told her that she could make a bookmark if she wanted.  I ended up doing most of it for her, but she did all the folding, so I guess it was a team effort.
 Emma was happy to get to hold Gwen... and Auri just wanted in on the picture!  Too cute!
I had to stay and help clean up, so it was almost 8:30 by the time I got Emma home to bed.  They weren't done cleaning up, but she was fading fast!  She kept thanking me for taking her.  I wish I'd been able to just spend the whole night with her, but I'm glad she still had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment