Friday, May 12, 2017

Really, Honestly and Truly...

Emma came racing into the house in tears exclaiming, "___ said that you traded for me and that I'm not really part of the Nichols' family!  That's not true, is it mom?!"  I of course assured her that she is truly part of our family and then had to go on to explain that sometimes kids don't understand what adoption is all about.  She knows that she is adopted.  She knows she has a birth mom and a birth dad and that we love them.  She knows that we've been sealed together in the temple and that we will be together forever.  I think she just needed some reassurance that everything was still okay - even after those kinds of comments.  How anyone could think she's not part of our family is heartbreaking. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that she will hear those kinds of comments again. I pray that she will know that she can always come to us and KNOW that she is ours forever.  I just didn't think we'd have to deal with comments like this until she was a little older. My heart hurts a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment